Regent 22 cal. revolver

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by paul73, Feb 12, 2009.

1. paul73

paul73 New Member

I have a Regent 22cal. 8 shot revolver that if it is dry fired, the firing pin has to be pushed back. What type of spring is used to push it back and is it worth trying to repair. I have had the gun for several years and it looks like new.
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

paul73,

If I am right about what revolver you have, it is not of very high quality....They were sold in the 60's by Firearms international of Washington DC. It might be repaired, but the value may be exceeded in doing so. Generally it is not a good idea to dry fire any rimfire gun, and it could be that without a cartride case present your firing pin is being pushed out way to far, more than this design should be, and is why it is sticking. If it has been dry fired alot it could have damaged the recoil sheild portion of the fame as well, as it is a some what soft non steel alloy. Hope this helps, Kirk
  3. paul73

paul73 New Member

To 300 H&H
    You are right about the gun. I had not fired the gun for several years,so I took it to a firing range the other day,and tried it out . Works perfect and pretty accurate.Don't dry fire the gun. Thanks paul73
  4. shootstr8

shootstr8 New Member

I also have a regent 22 that I bought in the 60's. About 1000 rounds down the pipe. Is quite accurate and has never failed to fire. Cheap but solid. A good plinker.
  5. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

shootstr8,
    Welcome to the forum and for providing that information.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I believe the name Regent was used by Karl Burgsmuller, a German sporting goods distributor for .22 caliber revolvers made by Weihrauch ( Arminius ), probably a version of the of the HW-3 or HW-4.
  7. kymtnrebel

kymtnrebel New Member

do u want to sell it id be interested in buying it
  8. kymtnrebel

kymtnrebel New Member

any one that has a regent 22 cal revolver that is broken such as a broken firering pin or messed up some other way id be interested in buying them