Reid Adding Amnesty Measure to Defense Bill

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 199er, Sep 15, 2010.

1. 199er

199er New Member

harry-reid-senator-nebraska-democrat_397x224.jpg

Reid Adding Amnesty Measure to Defense Bill

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he wants to attach an amendment to a defense policy bill that would help young people in the United States illegally become legal U.S. residents.

The Nevada Democrat said at a Capitol news conference that the legislation known as the DREAM Act is long overdue. He would not say whether he has the votes for the amendment. The act would allow young people who attend college or join the military to become legal U.S. residents.

The young people must have come to the country when they were under 16 years of age and have been in the country five years. Those who join the military must serve at least two years and complete two years of college.

Democrats have also promised gay rights groups an end to the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy" that bars gays from serving openly in the military. That is in the bill that Reid said he will try to take up next week.

Republicans oppose both measures.

President Barack Obama has been under fire in the immigrant and Hispanic communities because Congress has failed to move an immigration reform bill despite his promise to deal with the issue in his first year in the Oval Office.

Some critics say Democrats' end-of-the-year push on immigration reform is a political move. Reid is facing a tough re-election challenge from tea party favorite Sharron Angle, who supports tougher immigration laws. Hispanics make up a quarter of Nevada's population.

A spokesman for the Nevada Republican Party declared Reid's announcement a campaign stunt.

"Nevada voters will overwhelmingly reject these desperate political parlor games that could only come from a 28-year establishment Democrat seeking a fifth term in the U.S. Senate," Jahan Wilcox said in a statement.

Reid blamed Republicans for the inability to pass a sweeping immigration reform bill.

"I've tried to. I've tried so very, very hard, but those Republicans we've had in the last Congress (who backed immigration reform) have left us," he said.

Minutes before Reid announced his plans, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell described the defense policy bill as "needlessly controversial" because of the inclusion of the "don't ask, don't tell" measure and plans to add the DREAM Act.

"I can't tell you right now how easy it will be to move forward with that bill," said McConnell.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Harry, you ignorant ****...

My kid was born here. He can't go to college because I'm ALREADY paying for illegals to go to college.:mad: I'm ALREADY paying for their health care, food, housing, taxes, transportation, etc...
    And you have the NERVE to attatch this to a defense bill?:eek:
    Have you no shame at all? NONE???:mad:
    Admit it Harry... You are a whore among whores.

You lie. You suck. You steal. You miscreant...

I'll stop here as I don't wish to become a 'Former' member.:mad::mad::mad:
  3. 199er

199er New Member

Very 'discriptive' reply Bob..................... but don't hold back or 'sugarcoat it':rolleyes::rolleyes:
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Sorry, but some things just get me goin'.:eek:

I've always been known to speak my mind.
    Sometimes I suffer for it, but I'll not stop.

If any of my allusions are out of place, let me know and I'll retract them.
  5. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

Has the NRA decided to un-endorse him yet?
  6. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't believe it...well yes I can. It is another way to "buy" votes with our money.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

They sent a memo specifically stating that they are not endorsing him for re-election.

Pops
  8. ghrit

ghrit New Member

I get it Bob, I really do. However, if they serve in the MILITARY to protect the privileges they've enjoyed while illegals, I can make an exception to my general rule of rejecting illegals forthwith. That said, I don't think 2 years is enough, and I don't think successfully completing ANY college as an illegal is acceptable. Now, if they go 4 years in the military after admitting illegal status, I'll buy into the idea, with deportation to result from failure to complete the enlistment for any reason, AND no dependents brought in on coat tails.

In any case, Reid needs a nitroglycerin enema and a good, swift kick in his sittin' spot to result in permanent retirement without pension.
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

All of my sons have stood in formation for citizenship cerimonies for new citizens in war zones and stateside for quite a few years. What is this? We aparantly have a mechinism for citizenship for service or am I missing something? Is there something hidden in this the MSM are not telling us?

Oh, I see. It is to legalize the colege graduates that have been sent to school on our dime, so many dimes that my kids have had to pay for their own education.

Also he wants to risk poluting the walking blood supply of our combat troops. This guy is evil on so many levels.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There are ways to become a citizen of this country. Joining the military is not one of them, at this time. There is no place in the military of this country, or any other country, for people that are not citizens of that country.
  11. wpage

wpage Active Member

He must support the fools that will vote for him...
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

How does an illegal alien get into the service to begin with?
    How do they get to attend College on the taxpayers hard earned dollar?

They're ILLEGAL! They should be DEPORTED!:mad:

If I break the law, I get incarcerated. An illegal (defacto law breaker) alien gets the cake WITH ice cream!:mad::mad::mad:
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/military.html
    http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnaturalizatio/a/milcitizens.htm
    Pops
  14. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I agree, I hate this, I hate this, I HATE THIS. I am so fed up with this crap I can puke. If they come into the country not in the bounds of the law then they are not goin to live in this country within the bounds of the law, PERIOD. Now I have to take away from my children to support these criminals, and these representatives want to give more and more and more to people who dont belong. We need to HANG EVERY REPRESENTATIVE WHO DO NOT AND WILL NOT SUPPORT AMERICA AND HER PEOPLE.
  15. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

For me, amnesty for any illegal aliens is Political Suicide.

Reid is so out of touch with American citizens that all he can see is getting the future Illegal Mexican vote but he won't be around to profit from it.

The Liberal Dems think they have a lock on our country and cannot see the grass roots uprising against their heavy-handed tactics.

Obozo thinks his supreme court judges will be all he needs to reshape the USA to meet his vision.