Relative quality comparison - Bushnell Banner & Trophy scopes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wpshooter, Nov 6, 2012.

1. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

I am looking for a new scope for my muzzleloader rifle (Thompson Black Diamond Extended Range version).

I am looking at the 3 x 9 x 40mm Bushnell scope offerings in either the Banner series or the Trophy series.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with both of these scopes and an opinion as to the relative quality of these 2 scope series in light of the fact that the price of the Trophy series is close to twice the price of the Banner series scopes ? So, basically my question is, is the Trophy series so much better in quality than the Banner series, so that I should consider it over the less expensive Banner series ?

I know that there are scopes out there that are either worse or better quality than these 2 Bushnell series of scopes, so I do not need recommendations and advice on scopes other than these 2 Bushnell series.

Thanks.
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

i cant offer any advice on the two that you mention. the sport view i have is just as clear as my leupold
  3. B27

B27 New Member

The Trophy 3-9x40 is one of my favorite scopes for serious .22 rimfire rifles.
    At about $100 a copy they are a great bargain IMO.
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I would like to help, but most turn up there nose when they see I have a barska glass on top of my rifles
  5. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

We sold both series in our gun shop; both were excellent scopes - clear and distortion free, and great buys for the money. From my own experience with a Bushnell that'd been underwater for a week (don't ask); I returned it to see if it could be salvaged, was informed by their service dept. that it was beyond hope, so they replaced it free of charge. Great company, great products.