Reload worked great.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Gene Seward, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I went deer hunting yesterday and used my 62gr. Barnes TSX reloads and the end result was great. I shot a good sized doe at about 75 yrds. from standing position while she was running and dropped her in about 60yds.. The loads worked just like they are intended. BTW, practice freehand as much as from a bipod. I missed the second one but blew hair off its belly. Noooo blood of any kind anywhere after looking forever.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

congrats man. I nailed a nice fat doe last week with an 87' MACK econodyne running 35 mph down an EOG lease road. Dont know what got into that damn deer, she just commited suicide;). didnt even dent the truck though, and the rancher was happy to take her to his freezer.
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Most of my family has driven at one time or another, and I know what you mean. Seems like the deer run out and just try to play chicken with something that big.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yeah, i saw her standing there a good ways back, so i tooted the airhorn and she just froze and stared at the truck. i thought she was gonna stand her ground but she leapt in front of the truck just as i got to ger, she practically jumped into the front bumper and under the super singles. lets just say the rancher aint gonna have to tenderize them steaks.