reloading 300 ultra mag

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 30 cal club, Nov 17, 2008.

1. 30 cal club

30 cal club New Member

hello, new to this ultramag. I m having problems seating and crimping the bullet. I keep rolling the shoulder. I tryed adjusting everything to get it right. never had this problem on my 308 or 06 i tryed backing it off but its not crimping right. i know you guys know what im #@^$# up. i have a rcbs press and die set, also someone i was talking to said to buy a crimper as like a final step to get rid of bullet runout. what is the tool called and were can i get it.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

lee precision has a factory crimp die for just about every cartridge ever made, you might do well with a neck sizing die for that bruiser belted magnum, it will help you squeeze all the accuracy possible from that cartridge, at least you will be able to hit what you 'flinch' at anyways:D