reloading brass fired from mp5 full auto

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by nefongp, Mar 12, 2009.

1. nefongp

nefongp New Member

I am new to the reloading scene. I am a leo. I have a ton of brass fired from the mp5 on full auto. We are trying to recycle our brass to purchase equiment.

Is this brass good enough to sell to reloaders?

Also, unfortunately we tend to step on alot of the brass during our different stages of fire. Alot of the brass openings are bent. Some are worse than others. At what point do I say, "That's not good enough to sell to a reloader."

thanks for any and all advice.
  2. army mp

army mp Member

you can try to sell it, most Guys will not buy unless Dirt cheap. it can be reloaded depending on how bad it is. but its a lot of extra work. and then if its berdan primed I would call a scrap dealer.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Stepped on crushed brass is reloadable, but it is a pain in the butt. I would not buy it. If I found more that a couple of pieces of it in a large lot of brass I bought I would be pissed, I would complain, and if the seller did not make it right, I would spread the word about what garbage the seller had.

But, if you are just speaking of the lines on the brass from the MP5, that is not a problem. I have both an MP5 and a PSP, and I reload their brass just like any other. Many reloaders, however, believe that the scorched lines are dents in the case, and weaken it, so they won't buy it. They're wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that they won't buy it.

If you offer it for sale, make sure you put in your offer that it was fired in MP5s. The ones that know it doesn't hurt won't care. The ones that don't like it won't end up with hurt feelings.