reloading equipment question?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by socalfamous87, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I got ya.
    Yep, the ones that Midway (Frankford Arsenal) and the other outdoors stores sells are the same chinese junk as the Harbor Freight cheapies. Just marked up a bit.

But yeah, like gd and others have posted here and in the past, for reloading work they are just fine too.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I'd start with tge Lee cutter and as your case count multiplies you can go with a nice motorized RCBS unit. That's what I did.
  3. noylj

noylj Member

It is amazing what wasn't needed years ago and is absolutely REQUIRED now.
    First, get a couple of reloading manuals and see what the manufacturers consider as needed equipment.
    At most, to prevent a case being too long and jamming a bullet between the case and the rifling, you should buy a Lee Case Cutter and a cartridge specific Case-Length Trimmer. Trim after sizing the cases.
    Also, the use of a Lee collet neck-sizing die or the RCBS X-dies will minimize/eliminate further case stretching.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

noylj, you may notice that the OP is loading for an AR15. Neck-sizing would be a very bad thing to attempt. He would just get frustrated and probably give up loading.
  5. Infidel762

Infidel762 New Member

Only with bolt guns. OP is loading for AR :)
  6. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

Or you can sleep good at night knowing your calipers will always be ready when you need them. :D I got these for under $20 at HF.

[​IMG]
  7. RockinRiley

RockinRiley New Member

Rusty, how long ago did you get them, I did a search on hf site and only found digital, nothing else.
  8. RockinRiley

RockinRiley New Member