Reloading for .45 Colt

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The_Vigilante, Jan 31, 2011.

1. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

I am going to start reloading for a Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt and Puma .45 Colt Carbine. Will I have to do anything different for the carbine? Will it have the same COL? Can I make hot loads for the carbine? Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

You might have to use different bullets. Round nose in a tube magazine are not a great idea, but most people know that round nose bullets are pretty useless for anything, and don't load 'em. Some levers don't like SWCs. My Rossi 92 doesn't have a problem feeding them, but I've heard of it. I use RNFPs in all my 45 Colts not. http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-45-cal-255-Grain-Rounded-Flat-Nose-Bullet-Mold-/150544205647 Round enough nose to not cause any feeding problems, and large enough meplat to put a hurt on whatever it hits.

The 92 rifle will handle anything you can dream up for a Ruger.
  3. al45lc

al45lc New Member

I will have to look up the issue, but Brian Pierce did a write up in Reloader Magazine some time back on loads for the carbines and Rugers.
    Very informative, as are most of his articles.