1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Reloading for .45 Colt

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The_Vigilante, Jan 31, 2011.

1. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

I am going to start reloading for a Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt and Puma .45 Colt Carbine. Will I have to do anything different for the carbine? Will it have the same COL? Can I make hot loads for the carbine? Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

You might have to use different bullets. Round nose in a tube magazine are not a great idea, but most people know that round nose bullets are pretty useless for anything, and don't load 'em. Some levers don't like SWCs. My Rossi 92 doesn't have a problem feeding them, but I've heard of it. I use RNFPs in all my 45 Colts not. http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-45-cal-255-Grain-Rounded-Flat-Nose-Bullet-Mold-/150544205647 Round enough nose to not cause any feeding problems, and large enough meplat to put a hurt on whatever it hits.

The 92 rifle will handle anything you can dream up for a Ruger.
  3. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I will have to look up the issue, but Brian Pierce did a write up in Reloader Magazine some time back on loads for the carbines and Rugers.
    Very informative, as are most of his articles.