Reloading for Glock 17 and Springfield XDM

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by smlake, Nov 12, 2009.

1. holmerja1

holmerja1 New Member

As I am reading this thread, I saw polygonal rifling come into play. Does this contribute to leading in all brands with that style of rifling, or is Glock of particular concern?

I own a H&K USP45 that has that style of rifling.
  2. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

My G17 does great with FMJ's & starting loads, even with a glockmeister +P recoil spring it cycles fine. Other than the last round hardly keeps the slide to rear lock, which is no biggie for plinking, don't use them for a quick mag change situation and your good. I dont reload to anything but minimum for my G17 and suggest the use of factory defense rounds when carrying for such, just a good habit to wart off the ambulance chasing attorneys who try making a dime off of us "gun people"
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. RandyP

RandyP Member

There is also the 'legal' reality that few of us reloaders are approved, licensed and insured ammunition manufacturers. Certifying our rounds to the agreed upon specifications and tolerances around which firearms are manufactured.

I can see EVERY gun manufacturer's lawyers drafting the wording to their warranty policies (AKA cover yer keester) to exclude as much as possible, including home-made to god knows what spec reloaded ammunition. Heck the 1911 has an "unsupported" chamber too as do many other handguns.

There however is no practical way to write policies to cover the 'hold my beer and watch this' bunch of reloaders who are out there too, so it's a lot easier to just say No Reloads?
  4. Jack Ruby

Jack Ruby New Member

Thats what I figured. Just wanted to make absolutely sure before I went and blew my fingers off
  5. judgecrater

judgecrater New Member

A properly assembled reload is just as safe as any factory round, and this would include its use in a Glock 9mm or XDM.