1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Reloading - help

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by mark95138, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mark95138

mark95138 New Member

I am new to reloading...

Got the manual from Sierra, shopping for equipment, and know nothing about reloading.

I'm thinking single stage RCBS, and because one of the rounds I'll be reloading is the 300WSM, I'm thinking about the fancy electronic weight/despensor.

I'm also going to be reloading 45, which I'm thinking I should start here before doing the 300WSM.

Any help on equipment list, instruction vids, etc. is appreciated...
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    All you need to get started is a press, some powder, brass, primers, bullets, and a book (go by the book on all loads). I started out with a set of scales, a three stage turent perss, and an auto priming tool from Lee. When I sit down at my press I usually load about 500 rds at a time. You will need a primer pocket cleaner, and you will eventually need a case trimer. I use a simple powder dump that can be adjusted for different ammounts of powder, and weigh my powder about 1 in 10 once I have it dialed in. One more thing you will need, a bullet puller. Read your book, do what it tells you to do, and nothing more! You don't need any videos or anything else, just follow the instructions in the book.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I forgot! You will also need to purchase a decent tumbler to clean your brass with.

Good luck! BTW, remember the first load you cook up might not be the one you will end up using! Every gun shoots differently with the same ammo. You will need to experiment a little to find just the right recipe for you particular gun. A different kind of powder, or bullet, maybe different primers, but all that will come as you cook up a load and try it out. If you are really interested in accurcy, remember this one rule, don't mix componets, use the same type of brass, primers, and powder every time.