reloading help

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tthompson1974, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tthompson1974

tthompson1974 New Member

does anyone see a problem using two presses one to size one to seat . im only loading for one gun .was just gonna leave it set up . thanks
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Should not be any problem. If I had two presses, I'd do the same thing.
  3. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Did it for years. Works well.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

You could definitely use two presses if you wanted to, but using a turret press would be faster and easier.
  5. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I started out on 1 single press then went to 3. 1st one was used for the depriming and sizing. 2nd one for the belling of the mouth. The 3rd one for setting the bullet and crimping. I did just fine with 3 It did save time till i got the Laymans T-Mag II. I still use the T-Mag for rifle ammo and now a proud owner of the LNL press that i use for the hand gun ammo. I still have all 3 single stage presses. I now use them for sizing cast bullets and for them cases that are military machine gun ammo. I have found that they have thicker walls and need more force to size. That way if i brake the Lee single stage press i am not out of a crap load of money and are cheep to replace.
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

No problem at all. As was suggested, a turret press would be easier and faster.