The Firearms Forum banner

Reloading Karma?

998 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
I was working up a few 9mm loads with some HP-38 last night, so far I have only tried SR 4756 (the only two powders I had so far). I went to measure my finished rounds and the battery in my caliper started to die. No problem, pulled the battery cover off the caliper, opened a spare battery, picked up the caliper to install new battery and heard the tick, tick, tick of the battery cover screw hitting the floor. I got my high powered flashlight, got down on hands and knees and looked for the screw. I think I found every spent primer that has hit the floor but do you think I could find that screw? Of course not.

My local FFL holder is an older guy that runs a small business out of his house a few miles outside of town. A call to him at 8:30 pm explaining what happened and asking if he had a caliper in his display case was met with a chuckle and " Been there, done that. Sure, come on out!". A ten minute drive got me a $15 plastic caliper that isn't as nice as my other, but will work until that #%&@* screw turns up, and a pound of SR7625 for under $30! I was able to finish up my rounds and got more powder to boot, guess one does have to look at the positive side of things!

#4 ·
I wish I would lose my battery cover then head down to my LGS and find a 8 lb jug of W231 or Bullseye.

Its amazing how every time you drop something, it rolls 10 feet away into a dark, nonaccessable, crevice. You could spend your lifetime dropping something on purpose, and it would never find that black hole.

#9 ·
Lay the flashlight on the floor and slowly turn it in a circle, like playing spin the bottle. Any small part on the floor will cast a long shadow when the light beam hits it.

I've found many a lost screw since seeing that in Hap's Hints (I believe that was the name of the column) in Outdoor Life, thirty or more years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.