Reloading label tip

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by RandyP, Nov 25, 2011.

1. RandyP

RandyP Member

I know they are available commercially but being frugal(OK I'm cheap-lol) - I created a template in Word that I use to make reloading labels using the Avery self-adhesive 8163 label. Built into Word is the ability to type one layout and then have it print a sheet full of many of different 'stock' label numbers available at any office supply place. The label size is 2" x 4".

Here is a pic of the label I use to show Date, caliber, powder used, charge, primer used, bullet make and weight/style. If I loaded many different powders I would put the disk# next to the weight of charge. Rather than keep a log book of any kind I just stick one of these labels on each box of ammo I reload.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

good idea! tks for sharing!!
  3. Chinook

Chinook New Member

That is an excellent idea! Im gonna go get some of that blank label paper!

So this is built into Word. I dont have to buy another program, or add-on to have it print them out so neat, and perfect like yours?
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Nice looking labels and good idea!
    I'm still working on a roll of labels from Midway that are still marked Midway instead of Frankford Arsenal...I probably bought em back in the mid 90s.

I use ballpoint pen to write the caliber and case lot info on the labels. The rest of the info I fill in with pencil so I can change it if needed the next time I reload that box. Labels last longer that way too. :)

Would you care to share the template for others?
    You can attach a word doc to a post here just like you would attach a picture.
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Good deal Randy. I have been using the blank labels but scribbling the data with a pen. Some you can read and some you ????? Never thought of printing up some. Thanks for the idea.
  6. RandyP

RandyP Member

Hi Chinook,

Yes just plain old Microsoft Word is all you need. Open Word, across the top click on MAILINGS, then click LABEL and then select OPTIONS - choose the label vendor (in my case Avery US Letter) and then the label number. There are many label vendors from which to choose.

I typed and saved the label info below as a standard Word document so all I have to do is retrieve the doc then cut and paste into the address section of the label each time. I use my cheapie InkJet printer here at home to print the label sheets off.

Handload by RLMP
    DATE_________________ CALIBER______________

POWDER_______________ GRAINS______________

PRIMER_______________ OAL_________________

BULLET _______________ WT_________________

COMMENTS__________________________________

Hope this helps.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I use print your own business cards.
  8. hjsmith00843

hjsmith00843 New Member

I know this is a old thread but useful info.
  9. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

sure is.. I've been using masking tape on my cartridge boxes to write in magic marker all this data!

soulda been printing forms like this..