reloading location II

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by GMFWoodchuck, Oct 29, 2008.

1. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I'm thinking about building a 3 legged table to put into the corner of my basement. I figure 3 legs would be good because I would never have to worry about a wobbly table.

I'm guessing I will make it just below chest height or a little lower so I don't have to bend over. I will also put a 6 or so inch back on it so stuff doesn't fall off the back. The dimensions will be about 8 feet on the front edge and the two back edges will be about 5' 7.8". I will be also be putting a shelf under the table top.

It will be all made of oak. (I have a lot of it around) and I'd like a clear epoxy finish. But the cost will determine the finish.

How does this sound?
  2. DoesItMatter

DoesItMatter New Member

Sounds damn nice!

If you're not much of a neat freak though, soon, your table will be loaded and you
    won't see much of the finish anyway!

I just used this very old 8 foot office desk that had a 2" wood/laminate top.
    Bolted my single stage press to it and stack the reloading supplies on top.

Good enough for what I do, don't reload massive amounts sadly.
    Been too busy to get quality shooting time in *cry*
  3. BigJakeJ1s

BigJakeJ1s New Member

Sounds like your bench will be about 4' deep from the front edge to the back corner. That's too far to reach across a tall bench to fetch something that rolled back there. How about more of a V shaped corner bench? Or you could fasten a 1x2 cleat across the corner (parallel to the front edge) on top to keep stuff from rolling back there. Measure how far you can reach with one arm, and put the cleat a little closer to the front edge than that.

Andy
  4. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I did kind of think maybe that was a little deep, but I figured since it was a corner it wouldn't so bad. Only a little bit would be far away and I would put the stuff I wasn't immediately using back there, but perhaps I will do the strip thing like you suggested. And I did originally think about going lower, but bending over a little bit for a while kills my back, like during washing dishes. Which is funny cause I am fine when it comes to firewood and that kind of thing.
  5. qajaq

qajaq New Member

You might think about putting a removable rug on it as well. That way nothing rolls, and when you spill powder you can take it outside and shake it.