Reloading shotgun slugs

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

JackRyann
    (9/12/02 1:10:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Reloading shotgun slugs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is anybody else reloading slugs for shotguns?

I've been using slugs from Lee molds in 12 and 20 gauge. I'm shooting them out of Remington rifled barrells.

I'd be interested in sharing results, tips and any other infor we could come up with to be mutually beneficial.

So far results have jus been OK, nothing to really brag about except compared to store boughts these are just about free to shoot.

Go Get Beer
    (9/12/02 2:32:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Reloading shotgun slugs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to TFF.
    I think you'd get more responses to your topic in the Ammo & Reloading forum.

pub49.ezboard.com/fthefirearmsforumfrm19

I have no doubt that someone will move it there for you.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/12/02 4:39:46 am)
    Welcome to the board.

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/12/02 5:54:13 am)
    Hey man welcome aboard.
    As GoGetBeer stated (in general forums) you are member 1000...Way to go!

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/12/02 7:15:20 am)
    Welcome oh honored guest member, you are Number 1,000 to join TFF.

Don't do shotgun loading but only pistol loading...but, plenty here I expect do load for the scatter gun.

Welcome again.

Gunguy

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/12/02 9:14:33 am)
    didn't know Lee made a 20 ga. mold do you have the part#?

JackRyann
    (9/13/02 1:19:07 am)
    Actually just loading the 12 with slugs from the lee mold. Lyman makes a mold for sabots in 12 and 20. I was hoping to find someone who might have used it to see if they liked the results.

I've used a few 54 cal round lead balls in the 20 with less than satisfactory results.

You're right about the Lee mold they only make it in a 12. It only shoot about to the same accuracy as the old foster style slugs so far. Still expirimenting with it though.

Thanks for the tip on the other forum. I hadn't found it when I posted here earlier.
    If ya don't have nerve enough to kill it, do ya really have the right to eat it?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/13/02 6:36:26 am)
    Welcome to the Firearms Forum JackRyann

I can't help with the shotgun question, all I've done is pistol and some rifle stuff.
    In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.