1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Reloading shotshells for revolvers

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 358 winchester, Oct 7, 2008.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I was going to pick up some 22 lr shot shell and about fell on the floor when I was told
    " sir the price has gone up some they are now $7.88 for a box of 20"
    OK I am not going to try and reload 22 lr (yet)
    But what about loading shot shells for a 38 / 357 of a 44 mag ? any help or pointing me to a good book, would be nice.
    Now I have think about doing the same for a 45 ACP for my revolver.
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Thanks Pistol
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

if memory serves, Speer used to sell empty shot capsules that you could load yourself.
  4. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I have loaded hundreds of Speer shot capsules over the years. It's a simple process that any reloader can handle. The Speer manual has all the details you need.

I fill the empty blue capsules with #9 shot and add a tiny piece of a "packing peanut" to the bottom before closing the capsule. The peanut-piece keeps the shot load from rattling.

I've loaded both .38s and .44s. These are definitely close-range loads - I wouldn't trust them for anything beyond about 15 feet.
  5. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Well, that pretty much squashes my dreams of dove hunting with a pair of six shooters. :)