reloads for cc

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Tim James, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Tim James

Tim James New Member

I live in Louisiana and I've heard that you can't use reloads in your ccw. Does anyone have any imput or know the truth about that subject
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I know of no law anywhere that say that you may not use reloaded ammunition for CCW. People tend to recommend against because many district attorneys are anti-gun.
    In the case that you have to use your weapon to defend yourself, you will likely be put on trial in front of a jury of your peers. A jury of your peers isn't necessarily a jury of people who know even the first thing about firearms (except that which they learn from Hollywood). If you use your own ammo, it is possible that a DA could claim that you had made special bullets just for the purpose of killing people, which would make you seem like a predator rather than a victim. If the DA can convince the jury you're a predator, you're likely going to be spending some time in prison.

I have never heard of a situation where this has happened, but that is the logic behind using factory ammo in a CCW.
  3. army mp

army mp Member

I reload but , buy my carry Ammo. I have heard what Camping stated a few years back. and all the bullet companys make some pretty good CCW Ammo