1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rem 700 BDL bolt removal issue

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by nhreshtr, Mar 3, 2012.

1. nhreshtr

nhreshtr New Member

All,
    Looking for a recommendation at this time. Just picked up a nice used 700 bdl and it handles nicely. I cannot, however, get the bolt to release. I have brought the bolt back and tried pressing the square release button just ahead of the trigger - it does not want to move and the bolt will not slide out.

Should I remove the trigger guard and look for debris or does someone have a better idea?

Thanks,
    nh
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Have you squeezed the trigger as you pull the bolt to the rear?
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Dont push the release with the bolt resting against the stop. It should release freely but if the bolt is against the stop it will bind. especially if youre pulling it while youre trying to release it.
  4. nhreshtr

nhreshtr New Member

Thanks, tried both suggestions, still no success. The release does not move at all. Tried from several angles, squeezing trigger, kept bolt forward of stop - no help.
  5. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

It is gunked up. Pull the barreled action out of the stock and you will be able to access the bolt release.
  6. nhreshtr

nhreshtr New Member

Thanks, why didn't I think of that? Sometimes you just have to step back a bit.
  7. nhreshtr

nhreshtr New Member

StoneChimney,
    You were spot on. Just finished cleaning and lubing the lever - I think found a single bird seed just under the bolt! Regardless, works great now. Thanks again.
    nhreshtr