Rem 783 vs Ruger Amer. Rifle

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by eric_daniel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. eric_daniel

eric_daniel New Member

I know the Rem 783 is brand new and I'm not even sure it has been released to the public, but has anyone seen any reviews of it versus the Ruger American Rifle? I have several shot guns, an AR and some .22s, but the only "deer rifle" that I have is a .30-30. I really want to buy a .30-06 or 7mag and had decided on the Ruger .30-06 until I saw this new Remington. It is chambered in 7mag, also, which is my preference.:D
  2. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

I have been reserching the 783 ( out in july) for some time now. And it looks to me like another 770 or 710 both poor rifles. I have had some hands on time with the Ruger American and I was not real impressed. For the money its a good rifle and would probably be the better choice of the 2.The 3006 is a great choice one of my favorites. If your thinking about a 7MM check out the remington 700 I own a few and there dammn good rifle. Well thats my 2cents worth good luck and have fun.
  3. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

People here might suggest looking for a used Remington 700, Winchester 70, or Ruger M77, but if you're set on buying new, I'd handle both of them before deciding. Similar rifles within that price range is the Mossberg 4x4, Savage Axis, and Stevens 200 which are all available in 7mm