Rem. 870, can't throw it away.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by roadkingsteve, Jul 23, 2012.

1. roadkingsteve

roadkingsteve New Member

Does anyone know where I can get that camo "dip stuff"?? I did a search and came up with some "kits" but does anyone of a brand name or if one is better than the other.
    This shotgun is an ideal candidate for me to try something I've never done. As it is, it will be the "behind the truck seat" gun. So if I screw up a camo job it will still be a "behind the truck seat gun".
    As far as cold bluing goes the scratches are pretty bad it would take VERY aggressive sanding and steel wool.

Thanks for the help, Steve
  2. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

I'd blast it and put on a baked on finish , GunKote or Teflon-Moly , Ceracote , or whatever . They are all superior to bluing , in durability !
  3. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

If you would like me to, I'll ask my friend if he'd like to do this for you.

I know he dips everything from hard hats to Mustang GT steering wheels. He also does some of his own guns. I've seen his work, it's beautiful.I plan on having him do some stuff for me in the near future.

Drop me a PM with your info and I'll see if he's up for it.