Rem. 870 problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by lbarrychevy, Jan 4, 2009.

1. lbarrychevy

lbarrychevy New Member

I have an 870 express mag, and yesterday i was trap shooting with a few friends. Every time i try to chamber another round the darn shell would catch a little. Not to bad but just enough the be a pain in the butt. Now i was shooting 2 3/4 target loads, but i was also shooting up some of my 3 in. Magnum Turkey 4 load and 5 load. They didn't seem to stick as much. So last night with a sore shoulder, I disassembled the gun, cleaned it relay well, and reoiled it like i normaly do. Now after all of that i put in both a 2 3/4 and 3 in the toub and cycled them through. I noticed that the 2.75's catch the very top of the chamber and the 3's catch at the bottom. Now like I said they are only catching by just a hair. Has anyone else had this problem or now of a cause for this kind of promlem?
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

It has been my experiance the express version of the 870 has feeding problems. I have worked on two of these for friends, and they both had probems with the shell release at the magazine tube, not letting the shell back onto the carrier. I have not however seen the problem you discribe. Funny how the older 870's did not have any problems that I am aware of, just the express version. Best regards Kirk
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

A bunch of em have come up with chamber problems, some so bad the bolt can't pull the empty out. Send it back to Remington!