1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rem 870 Synthetic Stocks

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/03 9:34:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Remington 870 synthetic stock question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howdy folks haven't been on much in quite a while, had some "issues" that had to be sorted out, anyway the question is does anyone know where I can get a set of adult size synthetic replacement stocks for my son's 20 ga. 870 Express youth model? Haven't been able to locate any for the 20 ga. lots of choices for the 12 ga. Plain black is prefered but wouldn't rule out camo. Thanks in advance

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/5/03 9:54:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Remington 870 synthetic stock question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Fred.....long time, no see. Nice to see ya back.

Here are some places to look:

directory.google.com/Top/...placement/

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/5/03 10:01:44 am)
    Good to see you back also Fred. I would check out cabelas...thought I saw some 870 synthetics on special the other day. swede
    Wyoming Swede

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/03 10:12:39 am)
    thanks for the replys guys I'll check out the link but cabela's, midway, hogue, remington, 12 ga only 20 ga zip maybe it's a lack of demand

whiskey101
    (1/6/03 9:11:44 pm)
    Aren't they the same stocks? Give Brownells a call 1-800-741-0015. Their site is new, but used to be confusing sometimes.

Here is Brownells stock number and price for retail

768-186-140
    Remington 870 Synthetic Stock $83.25

So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

Edited by: whiskey101 at: 1/6/03 9:13:37 pm

whiskey101
    (1/6/03 9:17:38 pm)
    NOPE >>>> says 12ga only

BUT: found this
    Mfr: SPEEDFEED

Unbreakable Replacement Stocks Match Factory Dimensions

Synthetic stocks made from thermo-set plastic give long lasting durability and strength. Resin impregnated material bonded to long structured fiberglass strands make these stocks lightweight but completely stable, in extreme hot or cold weather, so they can't warp, crack, or check and ruin your hunt. Extra-thick, open cushion, field-style pad helps soak up recoil. Sharp, molded-in checkering on wrist and forearm match factory look and feel for a non-slip grip, even in wet weather. *Please Note: When sizing Speedfeed stock sets for Remington 20 ga. guns, those with serial numbers ending in "K" or "U" are small frame and require a 20 ga. stock set. 20 ga. guns with serial numbers ending in "X" or "N" are large frame and require a 12 ga. stock set.

SPECS: Black, as-molded finish. Drop at comb, length of pull same as factory. Drilled for rear swivel stud. Total wt. 1 lb. 8 oz. (640 g). Win. 1300 fits Winchester 1200/1300. Sold as a set only.

838-300-872
    Rem 870, 20 gauge $79.95

So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

Edited by: whiskey101 at: 1/6/03 9:20:53 pm

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 3:20:02 am)
    Sportsman's Guide about 35 bucks.
    --44 mag, when you're ready to get serious--

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 9:07:33 pm)
    thanks whiskey101, do you have an address for speedfeed? Jack checked sportsman's guide their's is 12 ga only, just $29.95 though but this gun's last serial# is U, Kinda funny story. . . . . .I bought a set before x-mas and had to take 'em back and go through the argument that it wouldn't fit and the customer service rep telling me, "but the package says will fit 12/16/20," and then the, "are you sure you know what you're doing?" comment. Then my typical response, "I don't give a *#&&^ what the ^*#@!*$ package says it won't *#!~&^%`* fit so why don't you bend over and we can see if it'll fit up your #%%^% ass" (don't you just love the holidays? brings people together so much)

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/10/03 12:29:34 am)
    The shipping is 7 dollars.

whiskey101
    (1/10/03 6:18:44 pm)
    I got it off of www.brownells.com/

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/10/03 9:46:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Remington 870 synthetic stock question
    hey fredneck, how ya been
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/03 1:46:36 am)
    Check out the local Center for World Economic Domination. I got one for my 11-87 for 65 bucks and it's even from Remington arms.

The ones they had for the 870 were about 10 bucks cheaper.

I'm not sure if they had any to fit a 20 gauge though.