Rem. Model 770 youth gun in .243

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by howlnmad, Nov 30, 2012.

1. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I had been searching for a rifle for my grandson who is 9. My problem had been with the length of pull being to long on most rifles. Well I found this gun at our lgs and the price was fair. It comeswith a scope already mounted and bore sighted. The scope it turns out is a Bushnell 3x9-40. This rifle has gotten some mixed reviews from all the searching I did but as I said, I went ahead and got it anyway. It has quite some weight to it even tho it's a synthetic stock, the bolt could be a bit smoother, it comes with stock fillers so you can lengthen it in later years andit's easy to take down for cleaning.
    Anyway... I took him to the range with a box of factory Rem 100gr core-lokts to do some fine tuning and let him get the feel of the rifle. By the time the box was empty he was doing pretty good

Attached Files:

2. howlnmad

Can somebody resize that picture for me, please. I guess 800x800 is still to big.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

accurate gun, thats what my shooting looks like.
  4. howlnmad

He was pretty excited. The scope was about 4" low and to the right out of the box but dialed in rather quickly. I'm pretty satisfied with it in general. If only they made an aftermarket stock for it....... but, it is was it is.
  5. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty happy about how the one I got my wife shoots.