1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rem Sportmaster Model 512

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by phlmorgan, Jul 7, 2006.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I have been looking everywhere for a price range for this venerable gun. I know it was made between 1940 to 1962 (per Remington's website) and Remington made around 390,000 of them, but I cannot find one for sale anywhere.

My father has had this gun since the 40's and it has 80%+ blueing, stock has some wear but is a beautiful piece of wood. (kinda gotta a tiger stripping to the walnut)

One of the finest shooting 22's I have shot. better than my 10/22 and even better than my grandfathers even older hexagon barreled Marlin 39. (It has a little to much of hair trigger for my taste.)

Would like to get a rough value for him. He would never sell it but wants to know how much it is worth.

thank you in advance for any help you can give.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Your 512 is about $150+.
    Nice rifle im sure it's worth more than that to you.
    Older Rem's are beginning to get more collectable
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome PHLMORGAN
    I am with 22's price on it
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  4. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

Thank you for the reply. I knew the 22 wasnt a high value gun but it is helpful to know.

I would like to pick up another some day, it's just a fun gun and it was the first gun I ever got to shoot.

Thanks again.