Rem Sportmaster Model 512

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by phlmorgan, Jul 7, 2006.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I have been looking everywhere for a price range for this venerable gun. I know it was made between 1940 to 1962 (per Remington's website) and Remington made around 390,000 of them, but I cannot find one for sale anywhere.

My father has had this gun since the 40's and it has 80%+ blueing, stock has some wear but is a beautiful piece of wood. (kinda gotta a tiger stripping to the walnut)

One of the finest shooting 22's I have shot. better than my 10/22 and even better than my grandfathers even older hexagon barreled Marlin 39. (It has a little to much of hair trigger for my taste.)

Would like to get a rough value for him. He would never sell it but wants to know how much it is worth.

thank you in advance for any help you can give.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Your 512 is about $150+.
    Nice rifle im sure it's worth more than that to you.
    Older Rem's are beginning to get more collectable
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome PHLMORGAN
    I am with 22's price on it
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  4. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

Thank you for the reply. I knew the 22 wasnt a high value gun but it is helpful to know.

I would like to pick up another some day, it's just a fun gun and it was the first gun I ever got to shoot.

Thanks again.