Remember those BB machine guns they had at carnivals.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Feb 14, 2004.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I have'nt seen them for a long time...

You had to shoot out the red star to get the prize...

So, my question is this...

1. since they are BB guns, but are fully auto...so to speak are they regulated.....are they legal to own?

2. Are they still made, and if so where can i get one?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

mike
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Mike I have an interest here too...I was an avid paintballer in the past, and the guns we shot would hold a large C02/nitrogen bottel, regulated properly they would easily shoot 1000 .68 caliber paintballs on one fill... I have always wanted to turn a semi auto BB gun into full auto then utilize a large canister of air like this. I have just recently seen, for the first time, a BB gun advertized with a moderate sized air cylinder used as a propellant...so maybe the idea isan't as far fetched as It was in the past.

And I remember those guns at Six Flags very well :p

~Crp
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2004
  3. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

I remember a while back maybe 5-6 yrs ago at k-mart a fully auto c02 powered pistol held like 30 odd BB's or something, they used those small threadless canisters that you puncture, i was too young to get one but thought it was hella cool, but i know they exist not sure where you could pick on up now though
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Air-Soft makes a line of fully automatic BB guns with rate of fire around 600 RPM @ 350 FPS. They look like a MP5. They retail for $250 and up. Here is a web link to hobbytron.com that should take you to the airsoft electric machine gun section.

http://www.hobbytron.net/Airsoft-Machine-Guns.html

ISB

Edited to activate link.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2004
  5. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

they used to make one years ago that held 1,000 bb's ,and was powered by a can of freon

when i was about ten ,a niehbor kid hit my dog with a brick i got mad and shot him with a single pump bb gun ,later he obtained one of them full auto jobs,and tried to light me up in the back yard ,i had to hide behind a tree until he ran out ,{apeared to be forever}, then i comenced to kicking his butt , i will never forget being pinned down behind a tree by a bb gun
  6. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

ISB...Nothing wrong with the Airsoft guns, they are, in a word, Sweet! LOL, But, they fire a resin type BB, and are intended for mock battels/sqirmishes like paintball in a sense...But they will not fire the .177 cal BB's unless they have made some changes in the past couple years.

~Crp
  8. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

i have an airsoft m14 that shoots 7mm plastic balls, i think all of them do, they also makes the 7mm paintballs for them, pretty fun but poor range and horrible accuracy beyond 15-20 odd feet or so, i also get jams in the barrells because some will be out of round or have small burrs
  9. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Hmmm! Probably be less problems if the gun is semi-auto as to jamming. Or, triple burst effect.

Jim
  10. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

single pull spring action model so only one shot per arming
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

This sounds stupid, but will those plastic balls put as crisp a hole in the paper targets as the metal ones would?

Anotherwords....they're not those really soft buggers they use in the $1.98 plastic toy guns are they?

mike
  12. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

no they are a hard platis resin, they will put holes in targets and i shot myself point blank in the arm with a sweatshirt on and it stung a little so they will put holes in target but not devastate the human form
  13. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Sounds like a good living room toy....have target with a catcher behind it in the corner of the living room......

Or to zap the tv when something comes on that i don't like.....
    :D

mike
  14. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Those full-auto bb guns at the fair still exist.

I took my kids to the Gwinnet County Fair here in Georgia last year and got to try one. I ALMOST got the star knocked out using good old "burst" shooting, rather than "spray-n-pray."
  15. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

i got a buddy that can do it everytime