Remembering my mother...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Nov 12, 2007.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

She's been gone since Sept 1, 2007. I think its just now starting to set in that she is gone... I've been thinking about her alot lately. Wondering what its like to be in heaven... I'm sure she is walking now. She has probably seen my grandparents.... and she knows what kind of place they have now. I'm not sure i will like it though. Their old place will "in my opinion" be the only place that means much to me...and it only exists in my memories now...
    Its comforting that the new owners have small kids. They will grow up in that place and consider it "home" and have fond memories of it when they're grown...
    Every time a relative passes away i also think of other relatives that have gone as well. When my grandmother passed away it was like loosing both her and my grandfather all over again. My moms passing is having the same effect. I'm remembering things from long ago in the past that i thought were long dead in my memories.
    Alot of the people i have been talking to lately that knew my mother are describing her as a saint. She wasn't. :rolleyes: I told them that i'm remembering her as she really was....good and bad...as we all are. To me remembering her as she was makes it feel a little less like so much time has passed. I hate the idea of sugar coating my memories... that really makes it feel like she's gone further away than she actually has.
    Most everyone i talk to likes to argue about it but I'm a bit abrasive and to the point... i just tell them thats the way i'm doing it and its tough if they don't like it. Then i add a little zip to it by telling them if they don't like it....they'll get over it.
    I don't mince(sp)? words....

Fred is trying to find my daughter. I'm aprehensive about what results that will net. He says he wants to tell her about her grandmothers passing... thats his story anyway.
    My daughter turned 18 this last sept 25. Her mother is or was... a stripper. I hope she didn't get my daughter into the profession like she did with her younger sister "exwifes little sister"...

I've been deep in thought about alot lately. I'm keeping my hopes down. I hate being dissapointed.

mike
    gn
  2. Lilly

Lilly New Member

Glock,
    That's the good thing about memories....one can visit them anytime you want....or when loneliness creeps in. Your mom is only a thought away!
    She is most likely your guardian angel....always slightly above and behind your left shoulder.
    We ALL have them!
    Lilly:)
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Mike,
    By remembering your Mother, as she was, Good & Bad, doesn't mean you loved her any less. Parents are not infallible. I disliked my Dad for years & Damned if I'm not like him in a lot of ways when dealing w/ my Daughter. I am trying to do better. But w/ parents, if you can see the good & bad, then you always have hope for improving yourself.
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh God....I hope not!!!! :eek: Cause i w*ck *ff alot.......:rolleyes::cool:

mike
    gn
  5. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Mike, I can say with total truthfulness. Your memories will somehow become more of the good and somewhat less of the bad, not that you will not remember the bad, you will just think of the good much more often. Well at least I know I do,even when I think of something that happened that I did not like, it seems that it is less important today than it was then. I will close with this, I hope your memories bring you the joy you remember of the good times and comfort you in your loss. Take care Mike. catfish
  6. Lilly

Lilly New Member

Hey Glock,

I bet mom had days where she'd w*ck *ff alot too!!
    Lilly:D
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have fond memories of my Mother, also. I KNOW she is sitting right behind me, because I will sometimes open my mouth to yell at a kid and SHE comes out of my mouth.

"If you two don't settle down, I'm going to pick up the short one and beat the tall one with her!"

"I'm going to beat bumps on your head so hard, your feet will get lumpy!"

"If you don't settle down, I'll put you down so hard you won't get up for a week!"

The kids just fill the bus with laughter. I don't get NO respect. :D

Pops
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh good lord........ :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

mike
    gn
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well pops....i've seen your picture before and quite frankly i can understand why the kids are laughing..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ducking for cover as i speak.... ;)

mike
    gn
  10. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Sorry for your loss. It took a good six months, before it really hit me. I was 18 at the time, but the loss of your Mother is never easy at any age.
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'm glad you're reminiscing about your mother, warts and all. It's a step forward in the healing process.
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

What? :confused:

mike
    gn
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

You said you enjoy remembering the good and the bad bro...The "warts" are the bad.

Donny
  14. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I just realized why my guardian angel is always around lol
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Must be a southern expression of some kind...because she had none for me to have ever mentioned ?? :confused:

mike
    gn
  16. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Indeed it is an expression Mike...

You said -

Ginga only meant that remembering the good and the bad is part of the healing process.

I'll add that I am only stepping in here because I know how busy Ginga is at the moment and more importantly I didn't want you thinking she was being disrespectful regarding this sensitive topic.

We love ya man. :)

Donny
  17. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sorry, Mike. I didn't realize you had not heard the expression. Donny is right; "warts and all" doesn't literally mean someone has warts, it just means to acknowledge that someone has flaws (as we all do) and to accept the person just as he/she is.