remingtom corelokt

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by remington1990, Jan 21, 2011.

1. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

How remington corelokt I never used it I have always used federal power shok in my 30-06 but I was going try corelokt in my 243 to see how it will do
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

When i started hunting i used 180's in 308 with good success. Switched to 150's for one season and lost 3 deer. Very little to no blood, good hits too. Maybe it was just a bad batch. After that I went to ballistic tip aint never looked back.
  3. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

I've been using corlokt for as long as I care to remember in my 7x57mm. Lots of deer taken all one shot stops.
  4. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

I also looked at winchester power point for the same price how are they
  5. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Remington Corelokt bullets have been on the market for decades. They have killed more whitetail deer than General Motors.
  6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

i personally dont care for them thats the only bullet i have lost a deer with. since i have switched to ballistic tips and accubonds. By the way remington 1990 do you always just look at the cheapest thing first. i am noticing a pattern in your posts.
  7. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

I kind of have to because I don't have a job
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Why is that if you dont mind me asking??? Are you underage? physically disabled? whats keeping you out of the workforce???

About the corelokts:
    One of the best commercially offered 'inexpensive' projectiles out there. IMO, they perform as well as any bonded core expanding projectile out there that costs twice as much. and like steve said, they have killed more deer than just about anything else.

My FIL dropped his first doe ever with a .243 just before christmas 2009, shot was high lungs at 123 yds (lasered) bullet was 100 gr rem corelokt, complete pass through, nice small .243 sized hole goin in, and a nice big nickel sized hole goin out. and no trace of bullet matter inside the animal when we quartered her up...
  9. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I've taken many deer with the Corelokt. I load them in 30-30, 7 mag and 264 win mag. Never had to track a deer with any of them. I think they're great for the price. I do load ballistic tips as well but usually for open, long range hunts.
  10. the yooper

the yooper New Member

used corelokt 35 years best allaround / buy anyware good blood trail if you need to trail! but nock down is verry good. 300 yards or less is best. and price is good! if u dont reload. if u reload that is a hole different question. just my take on it!
  11. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

The reason is I cant find one looked an looked but nothing never hiring around here the reason I was looking at the core lokt is everybody around says there the best. think I will go with the winchester and see how they work.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Jobs dont just hire the first guy that walks in the door. Id wager the reason you have not gotten hired is either because youre lookin in the wrong places, or you have not been persistent enough. Ill tell you from experience, When I was a supervisor working in thermal plastics and had a kid come in off the street looking for employment, biggest turn off for me was "hey i need an application yo" then they leave, no my name is ??, hand shake or nuttn, and send their mom or girlfriend back up 2 days later to hand it in. It went right from my hand to the trashcan. Employers are looking for someone who is serious enough about asking for a job to act like they want it. I got my first job because I walked into a local plastic forming plant and asked to talk to the plant mamager. I introduced myself with a handshake and first name and after a short talk started work the next morning, I filled out the application simply for filing purposes on my first break my first day on the job.

And "there aint no jobs" "nobody is hiring" is not true unless you live in BFE where the roads are unpaved for miles around and the nearest sign of life is more than 50 miles away. Businesses are always looking for help because the US is chocked full of lazy people and most companies have a high employee turnover because of it. And its because of these lazies and the high turnover that businesses are very careful who they hire. First impressions are everything in the job market.

I hope you dont think im stabbing at you, because im not. If you will look at it with an open mind and act on some of these pointers, im sure you will be employed shortly. And if by chance you have already been very persistent and formal, I apologize, Its time to move to a place where the jobs are...;)
  13. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

Thank for advice I needed it
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

glad you took it in stride, I was just thinking on it and I thought I was off base, I mean you didnt ask for it and I totally hijacked your thread and for that I apologize, I just have been there, both in your position looking for work, and as a supervisor looking for help.

anyhow, back to corelokts.. Great bullets IMO...:)