Remington 1100 Bolt Jammed shut

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Hawaiicjo, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hawaiicjo

Hawaiicjo New Member

Hi there.. The other day I was cleaning my Remington 1100 Magnum and while doing so I allowed the bolt to snap closed while the fore-end and barrel were removed. Now the bolt is stuck closed and i am unsure of why. Do you believe that this would be an easy fix for a novice? Or do you know "ballpark" what im looking to pay to get it fixed by a gunsmith? How much damage do you think i have done? If you need more info just ask....not really sure as to what info would be helpful here.

THANKS,
    COREY O.
  2. Harleydog

Harleydog New Member

Corey; remove the trigger group and look to see if the link (two legged piece connecting the bolt to the action spring) has come out of the action spring plunger. This would prevent the bolt from moving back. If this is the problem a needle nosed pliers will allow you to pinch the legs of the link to reinstall it into the action spring plunger. I hope this helps.

Harleydog
  3. Hawaiicjo

Hawaiicjo New Member

Harleydog.... Thanks a ton. Not only was that the issue. I fixed it for free, which is even better. I think I knew how to fix it but was just afraid to take out the trigger group, thinking that springs were going to fly out and all kinds of trouble would follow. So not the case. Thanks again
  4. 12ga_skeeter

12ga_skeeter New Member

Greetings. I encountered the exact same problem under the exact same circumstance. How hard is it to remove the trigger group and do I need any special tools other than the needle nose pliers?
  5. Hawaiicjo

Hawaiicjo New Member

No, no extra tools are needed besides something to poke out the pins that are holding your trigger group in. once your trigger group is removed you will see exactly what is wrong. EEEEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYY! keep your money in your own pocket
  6. 12ga_skeeter

12ga_skeeter New Member

Hawaiicjo - thanks for the info and fast response! - I'll give it a try tonight.
  7. 12ga_skeeter

12ga_skeeter New Member

Ok, everything worked out. My friend stopped by with the manual and he fixed the gun in about 15 seconds!! Exactly as you described. Again, thanks for the info.
  8. Mustang 6

Mustang 6 New Member

After several tries of what was suggested problem solved. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  9. mbk1997

mbk1997 New Member

Is there any sort of video that could be watched I have the gun apart and see that it is the problem but dont understand where the piece goes
  10. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Just put in to your computer Remington 1100 disassembly (Google it) and there are a few videos that will help you out.
    Mike