Remington 1100 Muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by jake_t327, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jake_t327

jake_t327 New Member

Went to a gun show this weekend and saw a Remington 1100 with a Hastings aftermarket barrel making it a .50 cal. muzzleloader. I had never saw one, and looked it up on the internet today, to see how many were out there, and what they're worth. There was one on BrandX that was listed for $295, but that was just the barrel, not the action or stock. The guy at the show had $400 on it, with the 12ga. barrel and some black powder stuff too. I wish I had the money, we wanted that thing so bad, mainly because it appears to be rare. Hopefully i can save up some money and give him a call to buy it this winter.
    I have also learned that they made a .50 cal. barrel for the 870 also. Good deals always come near christmas, when money is already spent.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    sorry to tell you but i threw one away not to long ago,i didnt like the way it fit . old semperfi
  3. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

One of my brothers just informed me he bought a 50 caliber muzzel loaded rifle and also a pistol of what caliber I don't know.We are planning to cut firewood and cut a christmas tree in central Nevada the weekend of Dec.11thand 12th. And afterwards we always shoot guns.I know nothing about these these guns or if I'll like shooting them.Can you reload them to fast and ignight the new powder or what are some safety tips I should know about.It's better to ask for someones knowledge best not to have a bad incident.