1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Remington 1100 stock

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by goofy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I have a costumer who wants there 1100 LT-20 stock cut down 1-7/8" inch.When I explained that the Action spring was only 3/4" behind the stock end so i am not sure if it is even possible he said he herd that the youth stock is shorter I said I would check into a youth stock for it which is 2" shorter. That was told to me from the tech at the supplier. I thought the youth stock was 1" shorter.
    Then I thought how does a youth stock fit on it if the Action spring and nut is only 3/4"Behind the end of the reg. stock?
    I have cut down many stocks but never on a 1100.
    How is this done?
    I checked with the suppler and the tech said it fits (the youth stock)The LT-20 even if it is not a youth model with out any changes to the Action spring assembly.How can this work if it is 2" shorter?Are the recevers the same size?
    Mike
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

everything I see on the interwebs says youth is 13" LOP and standard is 14" LOP. Brownells might have one that is 12 3/4" LOP.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The recoil tube can actually be shortened to give a little extra room for a shorter stock. Personally I would just shorten the factory stock and replace the recoil pad. The recoil of the 1100 does not use the full length. If it is shortened then it will have to be treaded further to properly secure the stock nut. It only needs to be shortened enough for the recoil tube to not protrude past the shortened stock.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Helix do I shorten the spring to? or will that alter the action?
    I was thinking of that but was not sure if that would cause it not to function.
    I will only have to take 1-1/4"(+-a little) off to make it work.
    Mike
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Just leave the spring as is. Shortening it will weaken it and cause it to slam into the rear plate.
  6. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Thanks again HELIX;)
    Mike