Remington 12 c

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rem2bblshot, Oct 2, 2010.

1. rem2bblshot

rem2bblshot New Member

I recently purchased a Remington 12 C octagon barrel .22 for $300.00. It works fine and looks good for its age. Everything appears to be original including the finish on the wood. The stock does not appear to be the same as other 12 C's that I looked at online. This one does not have the cresent butt plate. It has a plane looking stock with a flat black rubber? butt plate. It is not arched at the grip either. I have seen these same stocks on round barrell model 12's and it made me think that mine might not be correct. Did some of the octagon model 12 C's come with different style stocks depending on the year it was made or does mine most likely have the wrong stock? And if so, how much does it affect the value?
  2. azhobo

azhobo New Member

From the 1981 Gun Digest book of values.................
    "Model 12C is the same as standard model 12A, except for pistol-grip stock, octagonal barrel. Used value $165-$185."
    I have a standard model 12 showing "Pedersen Patent" from 1909-1910.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "not arched at the grip". Are you saying that your stock doesn't have the pistol grip? If not, you may not have the original stock.
    Here's a link to a website you might find useful, if you haven't already seen it..........

http://aaa-webs.com/aaa/webs/homestead/courses/Remington12/Rem12model-configurations.htm

Hope this helps a bit, as it appears you haven't got much help so far.
    Best regards,
    Bob
    ps at a big gun show in Phoenix recently I saw two Model 12's on a vendor table. Both were about 75-80% guns, one a Model A, the other a Model C. The A was priced at $995, the C at $1095. My wife found the one I just got for $50, also about 75-80%
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  3. rem2bblshot

rem2bblshot New Member

I think you're right about the stock being replaced. It looks like the stock from a 12A model. Thanks for your help.