Remington 12A

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

SkiingFool1974
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/31/02 1:24:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Remington Model 12-A pump .22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just picked up a Remington Model 12-A pump .22, and was wondering if I got a decent deal on it. The serial # is 468xxx, and the last patent date marked on the barrel is 1912. The wood is in very good shape with minor handling marks, the bore is great, and the bluing is pretty good. It has a very small amount of minor surface rust, but it should all come off. The only negative part is that the plastic butt plate has been damaged, and is missing a small part right below the bottom screw.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of what this is worth, as well as an idea of when it was produced?

Thanks,
    Evan

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/31/02 2:21:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Remington Model 12-A pump .22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Late teens through the late twenties, give or take. $250 approximate given your description.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

SkiingFool1974
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/31/02 9:11:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Remington Model 12-A pump .22
    Thanks Doc,

It looks like I didn't do too poorly, I paid $175 for it. I can't wait to take it out shooting on Tuesday!