Remington 1911 R1

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Steve E, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Steve E

Steve E New Member

Recently picked up one of the new Remingtons, I really love this thing. I have 4 other 1911's and this one is the most accurate by far. Fit and finish is top notch and it is made and assembled here in the good ole USA. Only thing I did was add a beavertail style grip safety and a Commander style hammer. Price was right at under $600.00. I think they have a hit with this one.

Steve E........
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Congratulations on your new 1911.

Now, for the range report................. :)
  3. the yooper

the yooper New Member

good to hear steve. i was stroken one of them the other day, sure felt good hoped it would shoot as good as it felt:cool:
  4. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Thanks for the feedback
    I look forward to seeing one at the range sometime.
  5. the yooper

the yooper New Member

nobody has anymore to say about the rem 1911 , hoping to hear more. thinking of getting one. GOOD/BAD/UGLY... anything that is true!!! thanks:)
  6. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about one too yooper, have a Springfield & Taurus now and likem both but am a big Rem guy. Sure I 'll have one soon. Thanks for the info Steve!
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I'm still waiting on the range report. LOL. Not many consumer reports on the new Remington just yet. I guess I'll just wait on one of you guys to buy one. :)

The price is not bad but about the same as an STI Spartan wonder if it will shoot as well ??
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum can i see a picture
  9. the yooper

the yooper New Member

ya i was playing with it in the store and it feels good glocks are my favorite but thear can be another!:D
  10. Casey

Casey Member

Just picked mine up last night! Now to find some range time, I also picked up 100 rounds of ammo for starters. I love the fit and finish. The guy behind the counter said he has one with about 700 rds. through it and absolutely loves it. He said as fast as they come in they go out, he cant keep even one on the shelf.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  11. Casey

Casey Member

OK, noob here! I never owned a 1911 before so please bear with me. I took my Remington R1 apart for the first time tonite. I went by the manual for disasembly, tried to go by the manual for assembly. My question is How in the world do you guys get the slide stop back in without using a screw driver to depress the tiny plunger so the slide stop will seat? I either am doing something wrong or it need lube or something! I want to shoot this thing on Saturday morning but want to be able to dis assemble and re asssmble it without thinking first.
  12. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Those can be a problem when new but it isnt that hard. I just get the slide lined up and nhold the shaft end with one hand, fingers on both sides..tightly, and using the other hand put two fingers on the side bt the plunger and hold it straight and tight. Just wriggle it a bit and it will usually pop in place. Hold tight as you dont want the dreaded idiot scratch. It becomes easier with practice.

Attached Files:

13. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Get yorself some SBGO and lube with that. It will make everything slick as a mucus based nose nodule.
  14. Casey

Casey Member

WOW! Thanks for the info and pics TheGunClinger. Well done and nothing beats pics when trying to demonstrate something! I just read the thread about the SBGO yesterday and was really intrigued by it. Now I'm going straight from here to order some! Thanks again!