Remington 3200 special trap

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by 300 H&H, Feb 1, 2009.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Anyone have experiance with the Rem. 3200 over/under?:) I bought one yesterday, form a friend who needed to sell it.:( The only thing I have noticed is a very small crack in the rear stock at the base of the tang, on the top side. none on the bottom..... beautiful figured wood,:D and the owner said the crack has been there for years. Years ago I shot a skeet grade 3200 in college for the skeet team, and really liked it alot, so when this deal came along..... But I also recall sending it back to Remington for firering pins too, but as many others also shoot this gun, it had alot of use. So if you have a Remington 3200 please share your experiances. Especially if cracked wood has caused problems, as I have heard about some problems in the fore end as well as the butt stock getting cracked. Best regards Kirk
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Mr. Loomis designed the Remington Model 32 in 1932, not many made but there's a lot of those still shooting. Krieghoff recognized the strength in the design and made some improvements in 1957 with the K-32, which has now morphed into the K-80. Remington revived the Model 32 in 1973 with the 3200.

I've never heard of the 3200 cracking wood, but it does happen on some higher grades of walnut with a lot of figure near the tang. Any of that can be cured with glass bedding by a good shotgun gunsmith.
    Being a Trap model, it most likely got used long and hard at the range. 3200's were built to take it though. Get on Remington's website, find the contact info, and inquire if your shotgun serial number had the retro fit done to it.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Thanks TRAP55,

The friend I got it from took very good care of it, as I woud say most anyone would call it 98%+ condition. He bough it new in 76, and took up small bore rifle shooting after that. Ended up being state champ 3P in 92 and 93,:) while the 3200 sat in the rack. Unfortunatly his wife came down with cancer, and he needs some cash.:( I told him if he ever wants it back to come see me.....for the same money he could have it back...Kirk
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

When I can afford it, I do that for my friends as well. I've had to sell some nice firearms just to have food to eat, so I know what it's like to be there and have to do that.
    Are you just gonna tease us, or are you gong to post some pics of it?
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

TRAP55,

Sorry, for now it's going to be a tease.......When my daughter is home from school and can show me how to rig the camera to the computer I might...Kirk