Remington 550I in the box

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by yardbird, May 5, 2012.

1. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Made in May 1948.. still in the box..

Attached Files:

2. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Wow. It is not uncommon to find small defensive pistols that are decades old and still more or less mint-in-box, but I would think it is rare for 22 rifles. Any idea why it was never used?
  3. lexjes

lexjes New Member

Picture a little fuzzy around barrel and action. Looks like rust? Maybe just picture.
    That would help determine value. Mint gun in box from 1948 is rare. Any Gun!

lexjes
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Your rifle if in mint condition without the box is worth around $250. With the box you can add another $100. If not mint, the value drops greatly.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

That is a kick a$$ find....
  6. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Thanks for the replies...no rust..not mint has bruise on stock..never shot that know of..orginal owner said never shot. After I bought it found that it had been made the same time we got Married May 1948...I have plenty .22s so just left it as I picked it
    it up..64 years..

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  7. tonip

tonip New Member

I am looking at one of these but it has significant rust. I want to pay a fair price. How much do you suppose I should offer? No box. I can't make out all of the barrel marks. Also, it looks like the mfg. date might be/could be Nov., 1950? Is that possible? I can take a picture but I don't know if the rust, etc. will show in true defination.
  8. yardbird

yardbird New Member

I have a neighbor who is offering $150.00 but I see they sell for more...so will just hang on to it. Roy