Remington 552 Speedmaster BDL

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by fyimo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. fyimo

fyimo New Member

I inherited one of these from my Dad and it's an awesome 22 semi auto rifle :D. I have shot it a couple of times and it seems very accurate with whatever ammo I put through it. Is there anyting I ought to know about it as I think it's a fairly old one with serial number 2249xx. I've just downloaded a manual and was wondering what level of cleaning it requires other then the bore after a shoot.

Thanks
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Well it is a remington so field stripping is very easy. I usually take the trigger group out after a thousand rounds or so and give it a good spray down. This also gives access to the receiver area for a good cleaning and lubing. Simple rifle to maintain and yes very accurate.
  3. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

Great rifle, but it is far from easy to take down. Actually one of the hardest rimfires out the. And folks complain of the Ruger auto pistols....
    I had a carbine version, second year and it was a great and accurate rifle. Don`t think I`ve seen a bad one.
  4. kansas45

kansas45 New Member

I have one that I bought new in the early 70's. After many rounds of all kinds of ammo the thing still works great & shoots straight. It isn't hard to detail strip to clean.
  5. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Standard Remington, just remove two pins, remove trigger group (never disassemble trigger group unless there is a problem) remove the bolt and clean.
  6. Speedmaster22

Speedmaster22 New Member

I have owned my 552 for 30 years and it is the most reliable 22 cal I have shot, including Ruger 10/22. The 552 rate of fire exceeds all other semi-auto 22s I have shot. It's easily disassembled for cleaning. I got it when I was 13 yrs old, and I still shoot it today with my son. We have a great time with it. The S/N is 15779xxx. I've pumped thousands of rounds through it, and it's still a champ!
    When cleaning, the trigger mechanism and bolt are easily removed.
  7. Speedmaster22

Speedmaster22 New Member

Re: Remington 552 Speedmaster BDL PARTS

I'm searching for a rear sight for my 22 cal 552 model ADL. It appears the ADL sights are no longer and I'm having difficult time locating the part.

I can find sights for the BDL version, but I'm uncertain if it's compatible to my ADL.

Any advise ?
  8. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman New Member

Re: Remington 552 Speedmaster BDL PARTS

I'm guessing you have already tried Numrich?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0860z552

Worse you can do is order the part and see if it's the right one, and if not, send it back.

Good luck,

HM