Remington 597 broken bolt?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by rob_english, Sep 16, 2009.

1. rob_english

rob_english New Member

I took apart my gun tonight and noticed a lot of grit inside the receiver. I then noticed what looked like a whole in the bottom of the bolt, under the extractor. I have also have been having issues with shell not getting fully extracted to. Does this look broken?

[​IMG]
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Welcome to the forum Rob,

The hole in the bottom of your bolt is supposed to be there. It has the pin that holds your extractor hook in it. As for your feeding problem, we will need a more definded explaination of "shell not getting fully extracted". So what is it you are seeing your gun do? Have you tried differednt ammo? Some times an auto will not like a certain load. Hope we can help, Kirk
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Semi-auto 22lr guns get real dirty real fast. If the guns are at all persnickety about ammo feeding, the dirt gets in the way. I clean my semi-auto 22LR guns by a complete field strip after EVERY shooting session. Cleanlyness, it seems, is next to godliness when it comes to most of these 22LR semi-autos, rifle or handguns, in my experience.

LDBennett