Remington 700 Bolt Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Triggerpresser, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Triggerpresser

Triggerpresser New Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I just picked up a 700 BDL from my friends collection after he passed. It is a .243 with a heavy barrel. I never knew my friend had this rifle. It has a light aftermarket trigger in it. I cannot find the bolt release button. Any ideas? He removed the safety when he installed the light trigger and I want to replace it with a new Timney with a safety.

One other thing, this gun has the hinged floor plate and the button inside the trigger guard releases the floor plate.

2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Harriman, Tn
    There should be a button just in front of the trigger.

BobMcG and joe45c like this.

3. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome to TFF, it's #2 in picture.
    Rem 700 bolt release.gif

One Shot and howlnmad like this.
  4. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Heavy barrel 700 in 243. ......I would be very surprised if you are not pleased with the accuracy this rifle delivers.
    gatorgolfZomboMeme 26122016162234.jpg

zkovach and howlnmad like this.
  5. Remspec

Remspec New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    On some after market trigger assemblies the bolt release button will be missing or
    could be broken. You can remove the bolt by pulling the bolt back til it stops, then
    on the right side of the bolt at the rear of the receiver you will see the bolt stop.
    It is in a narrow slot cut, just push it down with a small 1/16" punch and pull the
    bolt back.

One Shot likes this.