Remington 870 w/ reciever inlays

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by indynotch50, Jan 1, 2006.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 New Member

I have a remington 870 speed feed model shotgun. It is all black synthetic with the cantelever scope mount. This is a slug gun I purchased for deer hunting (dropped my first doe at 150yds.). I saw the gun at dick's sporting goods for $379. My question is with the inlay in the reciever. There is a very detialed gold pattern and the trigger is also gold. I have never seen another one of these guns and I tried getting ahold of remington with no success. If you need any more information or a picture I may be able to provide both at a later date. I looked in the big book of gun values to no avail. Thanks for all your help.
    Chris Osborne
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi indynotch50.....welcome to TFF.

Well.....it's not listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values or the Standard Catalog of Firearms either.

The Blue Book does list a few "Special Editions", but none with a synthetic stock. Yours may be a non-listed Special Edition or a Custom Shop gun, or ???????? :)

I'd say your gun is a candidate for a question here:

http://remington.custhelp.com/cgi-b...kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**

When you get an answer, please let us know what it is.
  3. indynotch50

indynotch50 New Member

Hey thanks Xracer. I'm happy to find this site.