Remington 870 Wingmaster (early 80's)

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sandspur, Dec 12, 2010.

1. sandspur

sandspur New Member

I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster I bought in the early 80's and it uses 2 3/4 inch shells. (12 ga) It is in GOOD condition, close to excellent and was wondering what it might be worth.

thanks, sandspur
  2. sandspur

sandspur New Member

Just a little note on the gun above.....
    my nephew was shooting a Remington 1100 and "thought" he could out shoot me with my wingmaster.....
    We had a "speed" contest....firing for speed and still hitting a cardboard box about 30 yards out.
    My wingmaster beat him by a full shot!!!! (5 shells) We had to do this 5 or 6 times before he conceded!!!
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    somewhere between 300-400.00 depending on condition and local market price. old semperfi
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

Posting pics would be important. Since prices on these can vary dramatically based on conditions.
  5. Gamemaster 760

Gamemaster 760 New Member

Early 80's - no remchoke barrel, no magnum action, probably in the area of about $250 to $350
    All depends on the options and the condition.
    Most people that comes here, only comes to find out what they think the gun might be worth - before they go to sell it or pawn it.
    Or for bragging rights.
    Without a picture, there is no way for sure to know how much it might be worth. It could be used and abused - which wouldn't make it worth much, or it could be in mint condition - which would make it worth something to somebody.
    Gun dealers never pays what it is worth, they give about half of what it is worth and use the other half as profit to pay salaries, the light and gas and water and telephone bill and insurance... So there is a big difference between retail and wholesale.
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

around 300 retail. as a trade in you'll be hard pressed to get 200 for it