Remington Ammunition

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Brass Tacks, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

The following is the email I sent to Remington. It is self explanatory.

Some weeks ago I submitted the required documents to receive your rebate. Two UPCs from Golden Saber HP boxes, two UPCs from 9mm boxes, and a invoice from Midway USA documenting my recent purchases. A total of $18 was to be rebated. I just received a letter stating I failed to satisfy the requirements, to resubmit. This is nonsense!

Over the past several months my wife and I have used 15 - 20 boxes of your ammo a month thru 6 different firearms. When the current supply of Remington is exhausted I will be replacing with a different brand.

I will be sharing this experience with the readers of several firearm forums and gun ranges I frequent.

$18 is a trivial amount but it's the principle.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Good for you. Hope you get a response to your satisfaction.
  3. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I don't blame you. Although, I sent in two rebate forms one for ammo and one for a shotgun and received both without problem. I know it doesn't affect your situation but I just thought I'ld mention it.
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

You are right about one thing, "it is trivial".
  5. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Call their customer service department, and politely explain your predicament that includes that your were not told how your claim was deficient; and that resubmitting at this time is likely impossible; and that you expect whoever you are talking with to help you solve this problem in a timely manner.

If you cannot get a satisfactory resolution via telephone; get the U S Mail address of Remington ammo's corporate offices and mail a written complaint certified mail, return receipt.

Politely, advise that previous efforts have been in vain, and that if you do not get your rebate in a timely manner that you will file a mail fraud complaint with the U S Postal Inspector's Office.

From my past and varied experiences, I will bet that you get your rebate.
  6. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

yes, but I've jumped thru enough hoops
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I never buy any products that have a rebate. I have been so ripped off by rebate scams if a product has a rebate I buy something else. I was lucky to get 1 in 10.
  8. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I can't honestly think of one time that I did not get a rebate that I sent in. The last one was $5 from Ace Hardware just last week and last year I got $75 rebate from Sightron for a SII Big Sky scope.
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I haven't bought anything with a rebate in over ten years. Maybe they have it working now. They last rebate I had was 6 items from a computer store. I got one.
  10. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I consider rebates to be just what they are, Rip-off.
  11. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

What's a rebate? another interest earning scam. lets charge slightly more than SRP and offer a rebate. when were done making money with your money you over paid in the first place, then you can request it back. if you want. if not, they keep it. An honest practce? why not get the ''rebate'' in a more timely manner? or more conveniently? why should we supply proof when they have the same information on file? why should we pay postage and supply the envelope? why should the hour task give so little reward? an hour of someones time, minus all the costs mentioned above gets you your rebate... If these businesses cared, theyd take your info at the time of purchase. I dont buy from these companies if I can help it. They're leeches, falsifying their quarterly earnings. think about. Remington has a bad sales quarter, to cut back on losses and spending makes the more earnings. them merely delaying your rebate, hides their losses. Rob pete, pay paul. perfect sign of a business losing its finances...I don't support crooked business practices. legal or otherwise.

oh, and its also my opinion remington ammo sucks anyways.
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  12. Rampant Colt

Rampant Colt New Member

marketing 101

Companies use rebates as a marketing tool to promote an item at a seemingly discounted price with the intention that you won't submit the rebate information in a timely manner and lose out on the savings.

I wouldn't necessarily consider them a rip-off, just double talk that enables them to list an item at a lower price that you might not have otherwise considered buying. Always read the fine print, and don't forget to read what the asterisk* is hiding. There's always a catch..
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Great email Tacks. I hope it gets results. If not it will cost them far more than the $18.00. No more Golden Sabers for me, and I'm just one person beside yourself.
  14. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I had been using Remington ammo for a long time, I just happened to come across the rebate while surfing Midway USA's site. The rebate was just a drop in a bucket when compared to the amount I've spent on ammunition. Remington will loose many times over the rebate amount in lost sales from me.

Since switching to Federal American Eagle for our 9mm and .45s we've shot up about 20 boxes with 20 more waiting in the safe. The only Remington left are a few boxes of .308 and .22LR.

What I have noticed after switching is that the Federals are MUCH cleaner burning compared to Rem.
  15. Rampant Colt

Rampant Colt New Member

This is just one more reason to get into reloading.