1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Remington Mdl 11

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Comment
    jpicton
    (3/17/02 11:35:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have recently been introduced to Skeet and Trap shooting by a fried who says I am a "natural". 21 ot of 25 on my first round of trap, with his 20 Ga Beretta semi-automatic. I have a Remington Model 11 made in 1947, and although the choke is not just right for trap AND skeet, would this be a good shotgun to use, or is it strictly a "field" shotgun? I am a novice, and the $1000 or so for a new Beretta seems a bit much for a beginner. I have seen some model 11s in firearms shops for as little as $125. This gun is in very good condition, but needs to be re-blued where it had a small amount of surface rust when it was stored in an attic. Please help if you can...Thanks!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/18/02 3:54:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Model 11's generall dont bring that much, but I think yours would be worth something closer to $200-$225.

The gun is best as a field gun, a bit heavy and slow for trap/skeet. Kind of like taking the family car to the racetrack. BUT, nothing says you cant use the old girl to see if you really like the sport.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Dave3
    (3/18/02 7:55:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    Wasn't the model 11 remington the predecessor to the model 37 ithaca?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/18/02 9:38:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    Nope - Rem Mod 11 was built on the Browning patent of the Browning A-5. The ol' Humpback! Had one in 20 ga. years ago and became so attuned to it, I could hear the action working and never felt the recoil!