Remington Mdl 11

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Comment
    jpicton
    (3/17/02 11:35:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have recently been introduced to Skeet and Trap shooting by a fried who says I am a "natural". 21 ot of 25 on my first round of trap, with his 20 Ga Beretta semi-automatic. I have a Remington Model 11 made in 1947, and although the choke is not just right for trap AND skeet, would this be a good shotgun to use, or is it strictly a "field" shotgun? I am a novice, and the $1000 or so for a new Beretta seems a bit much for a beginner. I have seen some model 11s in firearms shops for as little as $125. This gun is in very good condition, but needs to be re-blued where it had a small amount of surface rust when it was stored in an attic. Please help if you can...Thanks!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/18/02 3:54:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Model 11's generall dont bring that much, but I think yours would be worth something closer to $200-$225.

The gun is best as a field gun, a bit heavy and slow for trap/skeet. Kind of like taking the family car to the racetrack. BUT, nothing says you cant use the old girl to see if you really like the sport.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Dave3
    (3/18/02 7:55:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    Wasn't the model 11 remington the predecessor to the model 37 ithaca?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/18/02 9:38:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Remington Model 11 - Is it worth anything?
    Nope - Rem Mod 11 was built on the Browning patent of the Browning A-5. The ol' Humpback! Had one in 20 ga. years ago and became so attuned to it, I could hear the action working and never felt the recoil!