remington mod 12

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fishguts, Jul 30, 2010.

1. fishguts

fishguts Member

i have this mod 12 and its in awsome shape, i was just wondering of i could get a aprox value and any onfo on it. thanks all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

judgeing by the pictures it seems to be in good condition the round barrel version doesn't go for as much as the octagon barrel , ball park figure around 300.00
  3. fishguts

fishguts Member

the mod 12s with the letter like 12-a etc, were them newer versions?
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

if it hasnt been refinished i would say you could get 400-500 in that condition
  5. fishguts

fishguts Member

thanks john, its original finish. this is just a mod 12, i cant find anything about it, lots of info about the models with a letter behind the 12 but not a plain 12. any body got any onfo on that?
  6. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

Fishguts,

I believe Remington never marked their model 12's with the appropriate letter for that specific gun.
    I think their model 12's went something like this:
    The 12A was the 22" round barrel that shot Shorts, Longs and LR's interchangeably.
    The 12B had a 24" octagon barrel and chambered in .22 Short only. Also called a Gallery Special.
    The 12C was a 24" octagon barrel chambered for Shorts, Longs and LR.
    The 12CS was like the 12C but chambered in the .22 Remington Special which was the same as a Winchester .22WRF.
    There were 12D's, E's and F's but those were higher grade model 12's but engraved and nicer wood.
    You have a very respectable 12A that I would guess would be worth around $400 to $500 if all original as johnlivesforchrist mentions above.
    Hope this helps.
    Jolly
  7. fishguts

fishguts Member

thanks jolly, any one know were i could pickup one of these banners?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

Hey Fishguts:

I sure wish I knew where a banner like that was. I might not tell you tho 'cause I might try to get it for myself.

It has to be prior to 1936+/- when the model 12 Remington (as seen on that banner) was replaced by the model 121. Also the Remington dogbone box of 22's.

That is one nice banner. Any more info on it? For sale?

Do you know where a Winchester banner like that might be?

Speaking of shooting galleries, below is a picture of me while I was in the Navy and assigned to a troop and dependent transport out of the Brooklyn Army Base in Brooklyn.

Coney Island was only a 15 minute subway ride from the pier in Brooklyn. Went there on many occasions. The shooting gallery there would take your picture if you hit the bullseye which I did. The picture is actually reversed cause I don't shoot left handed. I think the camera actually took the picture via a mirror so it wouldn't get shot by a gallery shooter. I don't remember what the gun was.

This picture was taken probably in May of 1956. My falling asleep buddy next to me is Mike Pore. I think he was from the midwest somewhere. Wonder where Mike is now.

Also, any GI's that got shipped out of Brooklyn in the mid 50's to Bremerhaven Germany or Southampton England might have been aboard my ship, the USS Gen. Butner TAP-113.

Those were good days.

Sorry for going astray.

And PS, you have a dandy M12.

Jolly

[​IMG]
  9. fishguts

fishguts Member

it was on a collectable ammo site i was on jolly, it had allready been sold but the pic of it remained to make me drewel! i cant rember what site? i cant wait to see the pic when i get home, this puter wount show pics from some hosters for some reason. i dont rember seeing actual 22s in carnivals, i was born in 57 so i may be a tad young. i bet it would be a big hit today!
  10. fishguts

fishguts Member

awsome pic jolly, now seeing that chain on the gun i think i can rember them now. think i was to young to shoot one though.