Remington Model 11

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Ricky989, Dec 30, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I agree, they shouldnt. But I guess since he wears a brownells apron then he looks legit and they get to charge gunsmith prices. Thats the same story with most of the gunsmiths in this area. Most of them will do clean ups and mount scopes and call themselves smiths. But something more technical like a rem 700 with a headspace issue gets sent down the road.
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

I wear a Home Depot apron. Can I get contractor prices?
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I dont wear an apron at all. just a pocket T and whatever goofy shorts i put on. Guess that means I cant charge anything.. ;)
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Hah, nice and I agree too. I dont even wear a apron, guess thats why my shirts all have holes in them right around my stomach area.
  5. Ricky989

Ricky989 New Member

It's a 5 shot, when I went in there he told me that the old model 11s are usually missing the nylon bushing... I asked him if he can atleast look to see if it is there, so he took it back in his shop and 30 seconds later he came back and told me it was missing. JLA I should be coming by your shop in about an hour... Who do I ask for?
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hold it til monday Ricky. Stuart and Carol are taking the weekend holiday off so the shops closed. Stop by monday and ask for stuart and tell him Josh sent you over there to drop off a shotgun for me to look at. He will have you fill out a ticket and then he will call me and ill stop by and break it down,check everything over and get a parts list together. Parts should only take 3 days to come in and its just a matter of putting it together and testing it.

Ill PM you the details and contact info.
  7. Ricky989

Ricky989 New Member

Bout how much you think this will run me? (money)
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Prolly gonna run around 100 bucks +/-. Ballpark figure.

But ill call and let you know for sure before doing any ordering..
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Got the call this afternoon ricky. Im gonna go by the shop tomorrow.

Ill contact you as soon as I have things in order.
  10. Ricky989

Ricky989 New Member

Thanks man, Stuart seems to be a pretty straight forward guy. btw what are the odds that the new for-end will match the color of or atleast close to the stock? If at all possible, i'd like the gun to remain looking at original as possible... I know beggers can't be choosers but you can't get an answer without asking. Also another question.. Do you think it would be appropriate to re-blue the gun or just leave it looking someone original and rustic?
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ok ricky. Shes cleaned up and checked over with a fine tooth comb. Everything looks good. stocks are on the way. Should be ready to rock and roll by end of week or early next at the latest. Ill give you a buzz. There are a few things id like to go over with you when you come pick er up.