Remington Model 12 A? C? Other?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bleksmith, Nov 25, 2009.

1. bleksmith

bleksmith New Member

Just purchased a Remington .22 pump. All homework to date indicates it's a Model 12--big question is which variation. It looks identical to the 12C--crescent butt with metal butt plate, identical sights, etc--but has a round, ~22 inch barrel. The barrel length would drive me to a B, but it's stamped "22 Short-Long or Long Rifle" so I'm assuming it can't be the B. Transition model? Someone change out the barrel? Based on the stamp (WW) I think it was manufactured in 1950, but this doesn't really help either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
  2. FW!

FW! New Member

If it was made in 1950 it would be a model 121
  3. bleksmith

bleksmith New Member

Upon further review....

Looks like the WW isn't 1950 but is actually Aug of 1928 which seems to put this pretty squarely into the Model 12A realm. A single magazine tube band also makes that the most likely version. Interesting process to track this down, though. Definitely makes you realize that everything posted on the WWW isn't necessarily accurate....