Remington Model 1903

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by lawork, Sep 24, 2007.

1. lawork

lawork New Member

Hello. I just Inherited a US Remington Model 1903 Model, serial #3270007. I inherited it from my father. It was originally my great grandfathers. He told me that it was the rifle he used during his time in Europe during WWI. It is in excellent shape and still shoot great. I need to find out an approximate value for this rifle as several family member wish to buy it. Can anyone help?
  2. lawork

lawork New Member

I neglected to mention that the stock is in good condition, the barrel and the rest of the metal have the original blue black finish . My great grandfather did put some tape (like an electrical type) around one portion of the stock/barrel for a more comfortable grip. In his later life I believe he used his rifle for hunting.
  3. kfb2b

kfb2b New Member

I did not think that these guns had a blue-black finish. Is it still in the military style stock? If so, then it is worth $600, and that can easily gor $150 either way. If it has been sporterized, as most were, the it is only worth about $400 or so
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi lawork.....welcome to TFF. :)

Your Remington is a M1903A3 and was made in October, 1942....and the finish shouldn't be blue/black, but greenish parkerizing.

Can you post some pix.....full length both right and left profile? That way we can at least determine if the stock is original and not "sporterized".