Remington Model 24

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by w1spurgeon, Jan 31, 2012.

1. w1spurgeon

w1spurgeon New Member

Is anyone familiar with this gun? I have one and it's really wierd. It loads thru the buttstock, but to chamber a round you have to turn it upside down before you charge the gun. If you don't turn it upside down before moving the bolt, the shell you are trying to load simply falls out the bottom without going into the chamber. I can't decide if I'm missing a part or what! Also, it is prone to jam, seems to be failing to extract correctly. HELP!!
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

You've got problems. Cartridge guide, cartridge carrier, hard to tell without having it in the shop.
  3. Sarge756

Sarge756 New Member

The model 24 is virtually the same as the Browning standard automatic. You are fortunate that if you are missing a part that they are available. I don`t know what your level of expertise is but equipped with a schematic (online at Numrich arms egunparts.com) and an assembly /disassembly manual such as J.B.Woods book #3 Rimfire rifles you should be able to find the problem.I have both the Browning and a Mod 24. Had a similar problem with the Browning and found it to be a badly worn cartridge stop.Replaced it and now shoots like a new one. Good luck. Joe
  4. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

I have two of these rifles. Never had any problems with them tho. Keep everyone here informed with what you find out and dont hesitate to ask questions in case someone can possibly help.