Remington Model 25

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Cmesserschmidt, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Cmesserschmidt

Cmesserschmidt New Member

I have a Remington Model25 25-20 cal that I wanted to gain some knowledge about. Does anyone know about how much this gun is worth, its not something that Im looking to sell by no means just currious as to what it may be worth.
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Welcome to the fourm:)

Your model 25 Remington was made between the years of 1923 and 1935. The rifle version has a barrel length of 24" while the 25R has a carbine length 18" barrel and a straight grip stock.

They take down by way of the large screw on the left rear of the reciever. unscrew pull it out and the rifle will come apart at the action. They were made at a time when forging and machining were they way things were made. The 25 is considered to be the strongest pump action rifle offered in the 25/20 & 32/20. I have an artical written years ago that suggests with hand loads one could out do.....;):Dbut I wouldn't try it!

I have a rifle version myself and have found it usefull on small game over the years. The 25/20 is a much more powerfull round than any rimfire, and dosen't damage much meat. Hence, they are wonder full rifles for wild turkey in states that permit the use of a rifle. I sure wish Iowa does....
    Mint $900, 90% $600, 80% $500,

Pictures would be a big help....

Regards, Kirk