1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Remington NMA Target rear sight

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by BlackEagle, Nov 29, 2011.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hi all;
    My new (to me) Remington NMA Target has an aftermarket rear sight and it's shooting about 18" high at 25 yards. I've filed down the opening in the rear sight to try to compensate, but if that doesn't work, can someone give me clues on where to get a "normal" rear sight? I'm in the UK, so shipping from the US is a bit of an issue. Black powder is new to me, but I am enjoying it. Lots of smoke and bang!! Thanks for any help you can give.

Attached Files:

2. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

I am no expert a novice at best but it looks to me from the pics that the sight block could be removed from the holder and slid into place on the gun itself. but that is just a guess from the pics.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks, Curtis.

Warm welcome to the forum. There are lots of good people here who are generous with their good advice. There are plenty of great discussions, and some fun banter.

As it turns out I picked a new standard sight up on a trip to the US; now I need to cut a dovetail to fit and secure the new sight to it. Never done that kind of work before, so I'm taking my time to do it and I'll see how it works.