Remington Nylon 11 - What's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bitfiddler, Dec 12, 2009.

1. bitfiddler

bitfiddler New Member

I have a Remington Nylon 11 .22 cal bolt action clip-fed rifle with a barrel date code of CK31 (April of 1963). It is in what I would call really good (not excellent) shape with 98% of the bluing remaining on the barrell, no rust, origional sights and a few minor surface scratches on the stock, but no cracks or gouges. It has a Bushnell 3-7 scope on it currently but I have the origional rear sight and screws for it. Also I have 3 Remington clips for it: 2-6 round and 1-10 round. I have had the gun since 1967 and it has very few rounds through it - the rifling is still sharp and clean. Any ideas as to what I might be able to get for it? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. williamd

williamd New Member

I have a couple of 66's. One dates to 1958. And, an Apache. Value is not much even though you do not see many used ones is the Nylon series. $150 +/-.
  3. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

There is the same model on guns international right now supposedly in excellent condition and they are asking $700.00. Doesn't mean they will get it though!
  4. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Hi bitfiddler,

My Friend Johnlives4christ was off by about half! Believe it or not, a bolt action Nylon just sold for $706 on gun[br]oker a couple of weeks ago!

Gun[br]oker Auction Item #145536162

It's a pretty nice rifle & VERY hard to find! Depending on your finances, I'd keep it & find something something else to sell..... JMHO. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :)

SR
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

well i didnt know they was getting up so high
  6. bitfiddler

bitfiddler New Member

Thanks guys!

The gun on GB was actually a Nylon 12 which is the tube fed version, but it is encouraging that they are worth that much.
  7. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

If you go onto guns international and click on Remington rimfire under rifles, you will see the model you have on the second page . They have a few other nylon models listed, but as I mentioned ,the one you have is on the second page.
  8. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yup, the bolt action 11 & 12 are definitely the scarcest of the Nylon family.
    Prices are off the hook on them. (I wasn't aware that collectors were paying up to $700 for the bolt-actions either! :eek: )

If they handle like the semis and lever actions, it's gotta be a sweet little rifle.
    I think I would be very tempted to hang onto it too. They've been out of production for many years and prices are almost guaranteed to just keep moving up.